Many people underestimate the power of drinking water and the positive affects it can have on your skin. Water not only reduces the appearances of fine lines, but it also helps you look younger and slimmer.
Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and it’s mostly made up of water; and without water, it can’t function at its best. If your skin doesn’t get enough water, not only will it become dry, but it will also become more prone to aging.
Staying properly hydrated is necessary for your overall health and here are eight amazing benefits to encourage you to drink more water.
- Reduces wrinkles: By drinking ample amounts of water day-in and day-out, you can slowly tighten your skin. Water helps your skin maintain moisture, which increases your elasticity. The more elastic your skin, the fewer wrinkles you’ll see.
- Reduces acne: Adult acne is incredibly common. In fact, it’s estimated that between 40-55%of the adult population ages 20-40 have acne. Water can help flush toxins from the skin and shrink your pores, making them less likely to clog, causing acne to form.
- Helps you lose weight: Drinking water before and during a meal helps fill your stomach and decrease your appetite, therefore helping weight loss. It will also help you break down carbs and detox the toxins you have consumed, both of which will flush away via sweat and/or other bodily functions with a lot of water intake.
- Makes your face glow: Splashing warm water on your face will open your pores, while splashing cold water will close your pores. Both instances provide nutrients to your skin cells and keeps your skin replenished for a healthy glow.
- Makes your smile more beautiful: Drinking water helps your saliva production so it’s essential for good oral health as a dry mouth is a risk factor for dental diseases.
- Increases elasticity: If you have a lack of elasticity in your skin you might be dehydrated. To check your skin’s elasticity, gently pinch your skin and see if it bounces back. If it doesn’t bounce back, you need to drink more water to plump up your cells. Additionally, if you lose too much elasticity, the skin under your eyes may also become dark.
- Slows aging: Drinking enough water can help your skin appear plumper, which can slow the aging process. Plump skin helps hide current signs of aging, so any wrinkles you already have will appear minimized.
- Reduces itchiness: Dry skin will often crack and flake, causing tightness and itchiness. But keeping your skin hydrated can help relieve those symptoms, and keep it moisturized.
As you grow older, it’s tougher for your body to retain water, so drinking at least eight full glasses of water a day, will help both your body and your skin stay hydrated. In addition to getting proper hydration, you can further improve the way your skin looks by taking a daily dose of Strong Cell. This liquid supplement is comprised of three ingredients: NADH, CoQ10, and Collagen – which is known for its skin benefits and more.